Creative Commons is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to making it easier for people to share and build upon the work of others, consistent with the rules of copyright.
The content* is subject to an Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales license:
You are free:
- To copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- To make derivative works
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must give the original author credit.
- Non-Commercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a licence identical to this one.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the licence terms of this work.
* There are exceptions to this. The wonderful maps which appear on the pages are not mine and I have so far been unable to contact the owners of the copyright for which I apologise. I found them at the wonderful Local Local History website. I tried to contact Jack Whitehead but have been unsuccessful. I will endeavour to obtain permission soon.